Our Annual Membership Drive kicks off the weekend of February 7th & 8th. Read more about the Catholic Womens League here. Members will be available after the Masses for information and for payment of the 2015 dues. Our Membership fee is $30.00 per year with only $2.00 being retained by St. Stephen’s Council. Membership fees can also be put in an envelope marked CWL and placed in the collection baskets- don’t forget to write your name on the envelope if paying cash. Cheques payable to St. Stephen’s CWL. Members wishing to renew their membership to OLGC (Domestic Abuse Society) please add $15.00 to the payment.
The CWL describes itself as an organization “rooted in gospel values calling members to holiness through service to the people of God.” Its main goals are:
– to achieve individual and collective spiritual development;
– to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church;
– to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life;
– to protect the sanctity of human life;
– to enhance the role of women in church and society;
– to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere;
– to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world; and
– to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace, and harmony.