The CWL Vancouver Archdiocesan Council Bursary Information: There are four CWL Vancouver Archdiocesan Bursaries for which you can find more details and application information at: http://www.vancouvercwl.bc.ca
1) The Vancouver Diocesan Council Bursary: Two bursaries for $1,000. each. Application is due March 31, 2020. For more information go
2) Provincial Bursary Molly Boucher Bursary: one for $500.00 for a CWL member in BC or Yukon who wishes to further her education. Application is due by March 31, 2020. For more information go to: www.bcyukoncwl.com
3) BC AND YUKON Life Members Art & Culture Bursary: one for $500.00.
The application is due March 31, 2020. For more information, go to: www.bcyukoncwl.com
4) National Bursary Fund: No fixed amount. It is offered in June. The deadline is May 15, 2020. For more information, go to: www.cwl.ca/Resources-forms.html
CWL North Shore Councils Bursary for $1,200.00 for son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece, or nephew of North shore CWL member or a young CWL member herself. To be eligible, the member must be a member of good standing for a year prior. The student must be entering first year of a Post-Secondary Institution. The deadline is April 30th, 2020. Application forms are available at the parish office.
Youth Ministry – Our last event before the summer holidays – Jello-Wars! Friday, June 24 from 6:30 to 8:00 pm at St. Stephen’s hall. For all kids in grades 4-7. Remember to bring a towel and a twoonie! Please rsvp to Pauline Correa – firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-985-8528 at the earliest. Look forward to seeing you! See bulletin board outside the church for more details.
The CWL Vancouver Archdiocesan Council Bursary Information: There are four CWL Vancouver Archdiocesan Bursaries for which you can find more details and application information at: http://www.vancouver.cwl.bc.ca
1) The Vancouver Diocesan Council Bursary: two bursaries for $1,000 each for daughters or sons of CWL members in the Diocese of Vancouver attending their first year of a Post -Secondary Institution. Visit: http://www.vancouvercwl.ca
2) Provincial Bursary- Molly Boucher Bursary: one for $500.00 for a CWL member in BC or Yukon who wishes to further her education. For more information go to: http://www.bcyukoncwl.com
3) BC AND YUKON Life Members Art & Culture Bursary: one for $500.00 for a CWL member’s daughter/son, granddaughter/grandson studying in the area of arts or culture. For more information, go to: http://www.bcyukoncwl.com
For all the above, application deadline is March 31, 2016.
4) National Bursary: No fixed amount: It is now being offered twice a year: June and December. For more information, go to: http://www.cwl.ca/Resources-forms.html
There is also a CWL North Shore Councils Bursary for $1,200.00. The student must be entering first year of a Post- Secondary Institution. Deadline is April 30th . Application form and criteria available at the parish office. Contact Vienna – 604-985-1962.
YOUTH GROUP –SCAVENGER EASTER EGG HUNT is on Friday, March 18th from 5:30 to 7 pm at St. Stephen’s Parish Grounds. We invite all Grades 4-7 children. It is important that you please r.s.v.p. so Organizers will know how many are joining – Please reach out to Pauline Correa – 604-985-8528 or paulinecorrea30 at yahoo dot ca.
THINKFAST -The dates for the “Thinkfast” have changed, so the food drive will be in February, not at Easter. Bags will be handed out by STA students after Masses the weekend of Feb 5 and 6th and will be collected before Masses Feb 13th and 14th. Thank you very much for your donations. Any monetary donations are used to buy needed items such as specific diaper sizes. Please make cheques out to STA.
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK – STA students will be at all Masses, Jan. 30 & 31, 2016 to represent the high school and speak about the benefits of attending the school as well as to invite parents and students to their Open House on Wednesday, February 3rd.
On Wednesday, June 3, STA will acknowledge all the various sports achievements of the year at its annual “Athletic Banquet” held at 6 pm in the school gym. Tickets are $25, can be purchased by calling the school at 604-987-4431. Everyone is welcome to attend. Then, on Saturday, June 6 at 7:30 pm STA is hosting a retirement party for Mrs. Michelle Robertson, Campus Ministry Coordinator. Tickets are $20 and can be pur-chased by calling 604-786-6116 or visiting: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/robertsonretirement
Did You Know? St. Thomas Aquinas Regional High School is your local Catholic high school serving the Catholic parishes of the North Shore. Catholic Schools Week will be celebrated on February 2-8 this year. The STA community invites all parishioners to our Open House on Thursday, February 6 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The placement exam for current grade 7 students who are entering grade 8 in September 2014 will take place on Tuesday, February 25, from 8:30 am to 12 noon. For more information about your local Catholic high school, please visit the school website at: http://www.aquinas.org or phone (604)987-4431.
St. Thomas Aquinas Regional High School is your local Catholic high school serving the Catholic parishes of the North Shore. Did You Know? Catholic Schools Week will be celebrated February 2-8 this year. Our students will be filling in roles during the Saturday and Sunday masses on the weekend of February 1 & 2. Our junior wrestling team competed in the Burnaby Wildcat Invitational meet last week and came away with 6 medal performances with a gold medal won by Matthew Birch.
For more information about your local Catholic high school, please visit the school website at: http://www.aquinas.org or phone (604)987-4431. The 2014 Open House is planned for February 6, 2014 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Come and see your Catholic High School. All are welcome.
The Catholic Health Association of BC will be awarding two bursaries valued at $250 each to two 2014 graduating students enrolled in a Catholic secondary school, or who are members of a BC or Yukon parish and enrolled in a public secondary school or are home-schooled. Students are asked to submit a 500 word essay that demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the significance of Spirituality in Health Care. Submissions must be received on or before February 28, 2014. For further details, please refer to the poster on display in the vestibule of the church, or check the CHABC website at http://www.chabc.bc.ca under upcoming events.
SECOND COLLECTION—THIS WEEKEND, NOVEMBER 30 & DECEMBER 1, 2013 AT ALL MASSES– for Youth Ministry. Parishes with active youth ministry programming will receive a rebate from this collection. Please be generous in supporting the youth of our Parish and Archdiocese.